Fev (and York) on S...

Notifications
Clear all

Fev (and York) on Sunday ---------------------

Page 1 / 2
(@spelly)
Noble Member

---------------- what are your thoughts / hopes / predictions?

Like us, you'll be long odds to win (us longer than you) but can you / we do it?

Two years ago you went to LSV, and did the biz, so can you do it again?

York put 60+ past us in the league game, and we're on P8, L8 on the ladder, but................

Sunday is a free hit, so we've nowt to lose!

We're on a 2.00pm start, meaning our game'll be over before a ball is kicked in anger at POR, so we'll listen to Radio Leeds on the way home.

Chemics v Lions at Wembley? Stranger things have happened!

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 01/06/2021 1:10 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

—————- what are your thoughts / hopes / predictions? Like us, you’ll be long odds to win (us longer than you) but can you / we do it? Two years ago you went to LSV, and did the biz, so can you do it again? York put 60+ past us in the league game, and we’re on P8, L8 on the ladder, but……………. Sunday is a free hit, so we’ve nowt to lose! We’re on a 2.00pm start, meaning our game’ll be over before a ball is kicked in anger at POR, so we’ll listen to Radio Leeds on the way home. Chemics v Lions at Wembley? Stranger things have happened! Spelly.

I'll take that!

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 1:29 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

First and foremost, we need to be better against better opposition and noticeably see an improved performance to show we are going in the right direction.  We've beat Swinton, Haven & Oldham in the league, which with the players we've got we should be doing.  I don't expect us to beat Featherstone this weekend (more of a complement to Fev as they're a good side) but I expect us to compete, and put in a much stronger performance than when we played Toulouse and the like earlier in the season.

We are improving though, so it's not beyond us to go there and win.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 2:41 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

With a "fair wind" and even-handed refereeing I believe we can win both of these games by a few points.

Us vs Swinton at Wembley would be brilliant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 3:17 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

I don't think we can win this game unless Rovers play an absolute stinker but a competitive display is required, as VM says.Another trouncing puts us back to where we were, albeit not reflected on the league table.A game we could do without for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 5:10 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

With a “fair wind” and even-handed refereeing I believe we can win both of these games by a few points. Us vs Swinton at Wembley would be brilliant.

Other than the fact we'd have made it to Wembley, why would us playing Swinton be brilliant?

Be a much better game playing York, surely?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 5:38 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

We have plenty of big game experience and I have no doubt that they would love a Wembley experience in their last years in the game. Fev won't be looking forward to playing us and in that sense all the expectations are on them.

Go for it lads - the Cup Kings ride again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 5:58 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Fev won’t be looking forward to playing us and in that sense all the expectations are on them.

I doubt they will be dreading it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 6:07 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

We have plenty of big game experience and I have no doubt that they would love a Wembley experience in their last years in the game. Fev won’t be looking forward to playing us and in that sense all the expectations are on them. Go for it lads – the Cup Kings ride again.

Same for us at York. As I said in my opener, it's a free hit.

I'm not holding my breath, but you never know!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2021 6:41 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

With respect, I don't understand why you think Fev and York won't be looking forward to playing Widnes & Swinton.  They'll be delighted they've drawn us!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:11 am
 J.Mc
(@j-mc)
Eminent Member

<p style="text-align: left;">Is the semi final televised ?</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 8:17 am
(@spelly)
Noble Member

With respect, I don’t understand why you think Fev and York won’t be looking forward to playing Widnes & Swinton. They’ll be delighted they’ve drawn us!

Quite right! I reckon Messrs Webster and Ford thought "That'll do!" when the draw was made.

I've no doubt that you'd have preferred us at home, and the Chemics at our gaff, would've been our first choice, but..........

C'est la vie, but..............

Again I repeat, that it's a free hit for us both, so we've nowt to lose, and.........

I'll be there on Sunday, loud and proud!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/06/2021 8:35 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

If it was at home I would obviously have Featherstone as favourites as they are 7 wins from 7 but we would of had a chance. To win away in Yorkshire at any time is tough but the way the 2 teams have played so far this season  it would be a massive upset.  However we did beat Leigh away 2 years ago in a fantastic game so you never know! The one good thing about it being an away game is I have been able to buy 2 tickets so get to see my first live action for over a year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 9:18 am
(@d-day)
Estimable Member

2 weeks ago Fev would have been rubbing their hands playing against us.  We have hit a bit of form and there is no reason why we can’t go there and get a Win.  Fev will be favourites and quite rightly so but it’s a one off game, 2 part time teams.  Yes we will need to improve but if we can play like we now know we can do and a bit of improvement you never know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 10:40 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Fev have had some injuries and struggled past an inconsistent Halifax side the other day.

I would expect them to win but I still think we can nick it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2021 12:14 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: