Notifications
Clear all

FAO MT

(@spelly)
Noble Member

Anyone can make a comment here (please do) but I'm asking MT in partic coz.....................

He paid up on a £50 bet at the end of last season, that was paid into Swinton Lions Walk Fund as a start to to this year's effort, which was gonna be when you mob came to us, but....................

It's looking increasing likely that it won't happen, so.........................

Should I split the dosh now, and send £25 each to Bloodwise, and the MDNA?

With interest rates at almost zilch, it's not gonna go up much (if anything) if I leave it there, so................

Is it better that the two charities get a little bit now, and then we'll wait to see what happens if / when the season recommences?

Over to you mes amis, and thank you in advance!

Spelly.

Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2020 8:10 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Save it and go again in 2021

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 10:05 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I don’t suppose it makes much difference either way given the charities will be getting the same amount of cash regardless. Might as well given them the money I guess. And then find some more fund raising ideas when it kicks off again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2020 11:40 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I put a similar message on our board, and the general feeling was "Pay 'em now." So............

Both Bloodwise, and the MNDA are now £25 better off.

Not a fortune I admit, but as Mr Tesco never tires of telling us "Every little helps"

I'll re-arrange the walk if / when the season recommences, but in reality, it might well be my mob v yours in 2021 before we pull on our hiking boots again!

Thanks again to MT for the £50!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2020 11:30 am
Share: