Notifications
Clear all

Eribe Doro

Page 1 / 4
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Suspended for a month for betting on RL games.

Topic starter Posted : 09/05/2021 12:34 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

I knew it was something other than being called back to his club!!! FFS!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 1:42 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

It just wouldn’t be Widnes without this sort of disappointment!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 3:01 pm
(@jaws123)
Eminent Member

Can’t find any reports on this yet.where have you heard it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 3:08 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Our League app

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 3:10 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

NEWSNOW

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 09/05/2021 5:48 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Hope he's not been backing Widnes to win!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 8:20 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Lumped on Toulouse

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 8:26 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Pretty sure the rules on sport and betting are daft anyway??

To be fair to Eribe he could of bet on Saints V Leeds in the CC and been banned.

imo betting on the sport you play in being banned is embarrassing unless it actually affects the team you play for... from my knowledge of the rules

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 8:49 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I think the rules are a bit daft. Obviously no players should be allowed to bet on games involving their own club. But they are the rules and players break them at their own risk.Hopefullyhe doesn't repart it and bounces back from his ban to have a good season (with Widnes).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 9:10 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

I think the rules are a bit daft. Obviously no players should be allowed to bet on games involving their own club. But they are the rules and players break them at their own risk.Hopefullyhe doesn’t repart it and bounces back from his ban to have a good season (with Widnes).

What if he bets on a game at another club and he has a mate who plays for one of the clubs who lets him know that so-and- so is carrying an injury or that someone else might miss the game and they are trying to keep it quiet.

There are lots of things to gamble on in the world and a very small number that RL players can’t bet on. Seems stupid imho that he bets on the one thing he shouldn’t bet on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 9:48 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’m not defending him, clearly a stupid thing to do. But your example would be no different from a member of the general public having a bet based on something he’s been told by a mate who happens to be a pro RL player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2021 9:55 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

How do you get caught ? How difficult is it to place a bet discreetly, online and just keep quiet ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 10:28 am
(@a-cape)
Reputable Member

How do you get caught ? How difficult is it to place a bet discreetly, online and just keep quiet ?

I was thinking the same thing. The missus made a pleasant discovery on my iPad when I left my skybet account page open! Schoolboy error!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 10:34 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

If he went into a bookmakers and placed a bet, no one would know, unless the bookmaker taking the bet recognised him and reported him to the RL which is unlikely, unless he had won a lot of money, because he’d want him to keep coming in, because he’d probably lose more than he won.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 10:47 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: