Notifications
Clear all

Come on, James

(@sunny)
Noble Member

James - you were one of the radio Merseyside commentators, what did you think of the game?

You didn't seem to agree with some refereeing decisions?

Topic starter Posted : 04/04/2021 6:26 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

I thought the Ref did okay. Nobody is perfect, that includes Referees.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:02 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Yeah, I thought the ref did ok too. No idea who it was, but only questionable decision I saw was the incorrect ptb against us (Spedding?)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/04/2021 7:40 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Didn't have any issues with the ref particularly. The only one I can remember that I'd like to see again was the build up to the Thunder first try where Buckley had knocked on, as I thought he was tackled in the air.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 9:52 am
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Didn’t have any issues with the ref particularly. The only one I can remember that I’d like to see again was the build up to the Thunder first try where Buckley had knocked on, as I thought he was tackled in the air.

Fair enough, James.

A pal of mine who watched the game on TV, I listened to you on the radio, said he thought there was a forward pass in the build up to their last try plus the ball wasn't grounded. How did you see it?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2021 11:58 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

It was about as far away from me as it could have been to be honest, so I never really had an opinion either way. The ref didn't seem sure about it but it was the touchjudge who gave it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/04/2021 12:36 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

Thanks, James.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/04/2021 9:34 pm
(@pastplayer)

Didn’t have any issues with the ref particularly. The only one I can remember that I’d like to see again was the build up to the Thunder first try where Buckley had knocked on, as I thought he was tackled in the air.

if it’s the incident I recall, it’s not a penalty  if you are tackled in the air after catching a ball that has bounced.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2021 7:11 am
Share: