Notifications
Clear all

Bradford game

Page 1 / 4
(@sunny)
Noble Member

A decent squad - oh if only we had Logan Tomkins or Brad O'Neil playing...

We can still win given a level standard of refereeing.

A hat-trick from Lawton!

Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2021 3:38 pm
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

Without Brough Bradford aren't anywhere near the same threat as they have been.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 4:44 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

A decent squad – oh if only we had Logan Tomkins or Brad O’Neil playing… We can still win given a level standard of refereeing. A hat-trick from Lawton!

As someone said just keep giving him loads of short balls from close range out wide.He'll score 7 times out of 10.And use him as a dummy too.Easy enough in theory, mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 5:26 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Use Lawton as the new Mick Nanyn!

Hooker is the position of concern, we have enough forwards IMO to deal with Bradford's pack...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 5:34 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

A decent squad – oh if only we had Logan Tomkins or Brad O’Neil playing… We can still win given a level standard of refereeing. A hat-trick from Lawton!

As someone said just keep giving him loads of short balls from close range out wide.He’ll score 7 times out of 10.And use him as a dummy too.Easy enough in theory, mind.

What's pleasing about it is that teams are clearly targeting Lawton; yet still can't stop it happening which I think is contributing to increasing Lawton's confidence as well. I reckon we could go to it more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 6:59 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Lawton is a mad one, I know he is only playing championship level bit considering he had nearly six years out of the game and he is playing unbelievable well. Imagine, if he had a better head on him as a youngster, I don’t think it is hyperbolic to suggest a 6ft7 try scoring, ball playing second-rower with hands like a halfback could have been an international by now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 9:11 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

It is interesting that Lawton has gone from zero to hero this season and deservedly so. His defence needs to improve, but I have no doubt that if he continues to perform as he has been in recent games, we will have a problem in hanging on to him for next season.

I wonder if we are planning on making a real effort to improve in 2022, with a realistic chance of promotion to SL, will the club be considering trying to retain some players with improved part-time contracts or maybe full-time contracts. Of course, all this depends on the club's financial position and the level of central funding.

As for the game tomorrow, I can see us ending the Yorkshire hoodoo with a hard fought win by maybe by 10 points,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 10:57 am
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Hope you’re right. I’m inclined to be less confident given my experiences watching us away in Yorkshire over the last few years. Think it could be a tough afternoon for us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 11:10 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

It is interesting that Lawton has gone from zero to hero this season and deservedly so. His defence needs to improve, but I have no doubt that if he continues to perform as he has been in recent games, we will have a problem in hanging on to him for next season.

Doubt it.I think his chances of the big time have probably gone.Not sure he wants it anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 11:29 am
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

2 wingers on the bench!

This could be a long afternoon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:31 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Any radio coverage?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:39 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If we get anywhere near winning in these circumstances we will have done well. Bradford by 28. Hope I’m wrong obviously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:39 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Tyrer for a spell in the 2nd row?

Brookes came on and played in the pack last week, perhaps he will do the same?

We've been playing well lately so I am hopeful we will put up a performance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:43 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Brookes did well under the circumstances but we were only able to use him for around 10 minutes. Guess Tyrer having a spell in the pack is an option but not ideal having to play our best centre in the forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 12:53 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Seen the pitch on twitter: still a bit on the short side!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2021 1:15 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: