1st home game back

Notifications
Clear all

1st home game back

(@widfan)

Howabout fans do something in recognition of NHS staff.  Banners fans dress as Drs and Nurses.

Good publicity and Ive never dressed as a nurse before .

Topic starter Posted : 06/04/2020 12:37 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

And drop the price.  Sounds crazy but drop the walk in price to £10 or £15 and get the stadium full.  People have and will have been sat in for weeks even months, once it's safe to put the games back on let's try and win some new fans over and make it a huge event.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 8:18 am
Northstar
(@northstar)
Estimable Member

And drop the price. Sounds crazy but drop the walk in price to £10 or £15 and get the stadium full. People have and will have been sat in for weeks even months, once it’s safe to put the games back on let’s try and win some new fans over and make it a huge event.

It's been shown over the years that Widnes fans never respond to price drops despite lots of 'fans' often calling for it. They're going to be keener to get out and spend it in the pub, as again they've shown over many years now. It's one of the big differences between us and the Castlefords of the world.

I think it's a fantastic idea you've come up with - you'd get extra people if you made it an event to thank the NHS, and thought of a really great way to promote it, but filling the stadium? It pains me to the core to say this, but you've no chance.

(btw why does everyone forget the incredibly brave job the bin men are doing in all this?? Heroes in my eyes. Handling all that virus-contaminated waste....).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 12:14 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

I think the club will need as much income as they can get when the game resumes.

Would be better offering deals for season tickets for remaining games and/or for the first game. That would generate some immediate income for the club if it was taken up. If the season was subsequently abandoned, tickets/season tickets could be used next season.

Rather than turning up dressed as nurses etc, why not promote the sale of replica tops, so that Widnes fans will turn up in Widnes gear. This would also generate some immediate income.

You could still show appreciation for NHS staff and all other key workers who have been working during the crisis, as well as the volunteers.  Maybe by inviting representatives from these groups to a VIP event at the ground and invite them on to the pitch pre-game for a deserved round of applause.

This would not prevent those with a wish to dress as a nurse, to do so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 1:25 pm
 vet
(@vet)

Rather good idea....how about T shirts or replica shirts   ..

specially designed to support Vikings and N H S  staff

to wear on first game back and profit split 50/50

I would defo go for some for my staff in appreciation

T T F N

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 2:46 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

How about free tickets to NHS, and all other key workers. Send the Twins around the local hospitals with a cameraman, doling out the tickets at nurse stations, on the wards. A great gesture, and good PR.

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/04/2020 3:29 pm
Share: