Notifications
Clear all

Funding Levels for Championship RL Clubs by the RFL for the 2022 season.

(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

I have not seen anywhere what was finally agreed for funding the Championship clubs this season by the RFL. I know the season started before it was decided but  I have not seen or heard anything else since. Does anyone know?

Topic starter Posted : 23/02/2022 1:57 pm
sandgroper reacted
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member
Posted by: @geoffw

I have not seen anywhere what was finally agreed for funding the Championship clubs this season by the RFL. I know the season started before it was decided but  I have not seen or heard anything else since. Does anyone know?

More to the point - does the RFL know??????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2022 10:21 am
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

No

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2022 6:31 pm
(@lord-lucan)
Trusted Member

Derek Beaumont said in a rant post on the Leigh fans' Facebook page that they were getting £180k central funding plus a £400k parachute payment.

Presumably none of the existing Championship clubs will be getting more than the £180k Leigh received (and perhaps some a fair bit less).

It does beg the question about how fair the parachute payment system is, especially when Leigh have only retained 5 of last year's squad, yet receive more than three times any other club and have brought in a seemingly endless stream of overseas players. But there seems little doubt that for most Championship clubs the central funding has been slashed this year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2022 9:57 am
Share: