Season Tickets 2021

Notifications
Clear all

Season Tickets 2021

Page 2 / 2
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

If after 18 months people don't want to go to a game for their club because they can't sit in a particular seat/stand then that's just petty and a bit sad.

You're either a fan and want to go, or you're just not that arsed. Yes it would be nice to sit where you normally do, but if you can't you don't go? Baffling and a very easy cop out IMO.

The council own the stadium maybe they don't want the cost of opening all the stands up when they know they could fit everyone in just one?!

Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2021 10:56 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

To be honest, it has been nice just to get to games over the last 10 weeks or so!

The next game is against Batley, so realistically an attendance of about 3000, hopefully.

The North holds 4400.

As much as I like my seat in the South Stand, I can put up with sitting in the North or the West for 4 more matches if needs be, don't really see what the big deal is.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2021 11:13 am
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

To be honest, it has been nice just to get to games over the last 10 weeks or so! The next game is against Batley, so realistically an attendance of about 3000, hopefully. The North holds 4400. As much as I like my seat in the South Stand, I can put up with sitting in the North or the West for 4 more matches if needs be, don’t really see what the big deal is…..

This^

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2021 3:51 pm
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

Central Government restrictions have been lifted and were announced on 12th July, that’s plenty of time to keep everybody informed Plenty of other part time clubs have got everything in order including communication I’m not sure why Widnes have it so tough compared to everybody else. If the club don’t sort this out they will lose fans if not already, it’s just how it is

I know central government restrictions have been lifted and I also know that the central government advised caution and self restraint too. “Plenty of other part time clubs” don’t pay rent to Halton Council and wouldn’t be subject to any of the rules that our landlord might impose. Communications from the council who have one or two more employees than WRLFC and who would also have a communications have been poor but the club can only tell people what it knows and what it is doing. Your complaint should be with the council not the club.

I know it’s the council driving this but we’re not customers of the council. We’re customers of the club. That’s where all comms should come from

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2021 7:23 am
(@spideylizard)
Estimable Member

Credit where it’s due. South Stand back open next week. Glad to see this in place now 👍🏼

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2021 11:15 am
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Central Government restrictions have been lifted and were announced on 12th July, that’s plenty of time to keep everybody informed Plenty of other part time clubs have got everything in order including communication I’m not sure why Widnes have it so tough compared to everybody else. If the club don’t sort this out they will lose fans if not already, it’s just how it is

I know central government restrictions have been lifted and I also know that the central government advised caution and self restraint too. “Plenty of other part time clubs” don’t pay rent to Halton Council and wouldn’t be subject to any of the rules that our landlord might impose. Communications from the council who have one or two more employees than WRLFC and who would also have a communications have been poor but the club can only tell people what it knows and what it is doing. Your complaint should be with the council not the club.

I know it’s the council driving this but we’re not customers of the council. We’re customers of the club. That’s where all comms should come from

Er, no. The club can pass information on but need to receive it from the council first.

If the council hasn’t communicated with the club then the club shouldn’t say anything otherwise they run the risk of being accused of making things up.

It’s Monday today and the club has made a clear statement about what is planned for the coming weekend’s game. A week to prepare to buy a ticket, get to the ground and park your bum on a seat should give almost everyone a sporting chance ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2021 11:52 am
 ma
(@ma)
Trusted Member

Er, no. The club can pass information on but need to receive it from the council first. If the council hasn’t communicated with the club then the club shouldn’t say anything otherwise they run the risk of being accused of making things up. It’s Monday today and the club has made a clear statement about what is planned for the coming weekend’s game. A week to prepare to buy a ticket, get to the ground and park your bum on a seat should give almost everyone a sporting chance ….

There will still be poor excuses (not proper reasons) for not going and will blame their own personal situation on the club somehow.

Toys and prams.

Pi$$ and boils.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2021 5:22 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: