Notifications
Clear all

Toulouse contract for Hansen

(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Hansen is 36 now. I cannot see them staying in SL with anymore signings like this. He has been a great player but his days at SL standard are well  over.

Topic starter Posted : 16/10/2021 12:19 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Probably in the role that we are looking for - old head to lead younger forwards. Agree that he will be on short game time!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 8:15 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Depends what's expected of him.70 minutes every game, no.A cameo role playing brief spells, yes.There will be more signings to come.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 10:07 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

He was written off when he left Leigh for us, but did well for us and clearly done a good job for Toulouse and plenty of SL experience. A quality player. I think he played in all Toulouse matches this year, although not that many!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 10:25 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Good experienced player, doesn't have to play every week, kind of player you need.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 12:27 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

A waste of money when we signed him, perhaps he did not perform along with others due to the bone idle culture that ran through the club.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 3:06 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Plenty of players in that team didn’t perform for one reason or another but I wouldn’t say Hansen was one of them. Always struck me as a very committed player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2021 11:14 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Plenty of players in that team didn’t perform for one reason or another but I wouldn’t say Hansen was one of them. Always struck me as a very committed player.

Inevitably players of his age and experience carry the injuries of a hard career with them. His knees looked pretty shot when he played for us, maybe a season's rest has taken the pain away!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 2:25 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Undoubtedly a very good player, but at his age and with possibly dodgy knees, not one for us please. However unkind that sounds, we have had our fair share of good but injury prone players.

As has been said on these forums, our priority must be for a couple experienced fiery props to add some much needed aggression and go forward in the pack

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 5:38 pm
Share: