Notifications
Clear all

tim sheens post rochdale

(@glynn)
Honorable Member
Topic starter Posted : 05/01/2020 5:54 pm
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

Heard more sense talked there from 4 minutes of Sheens than in the ten years of Betts, Cummins and Purtill combined.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 8:12 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

Sounds like we are playing most of the first team next week against Cas, going with a squad of about 20. The reserves/academy lads have played 2 games, this one and a behind closed doors game 2 weeks ago against Salford, winning both.

Also sounds like we may well be signing all 4 trialists to play in our reserve side with the opportunity to step up into the first team when required.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 9:05 pm
(@neilw)

He does sound happy with the showing the youngsters gave put on in 2 friendlies and also with how the senior players are showing up in training working on different combinations in the halves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 10:24 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Very matter of fact no spin or bull. I think we are going to enjoy Mr Sheens' post match (and pre match for that matter) views. He has an authoritative respected opinion. No doubt there will be a few who claim they know better, from time to time, but he's a "good listen" so far!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 10:45 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Genuinely interesting to listen to him there. Clearly thinking about a squad and not just focused on the first 17. I like the way he’s mixing it up so he knows what the options are when we inevitably sustain injuries. Positive start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2020 11:41 pm
 JJ
(@jj)

I must admit he is infectious I hung onto every word I’m delighted at his regards for tjhe kids he recognises how important they are to the future of Widnes I can’t wait for Sunday hope we get a massive Croud we wanted the best and we sure got it in Tim come on you Vikings

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 9:28 am
 JJ
(@jj)

I must admit he is infectious I hung onto every word I’m delighted at his regards for tjhe kids he recognises how important they are to the future of Widnes I can’t wait for Sunday hope we get a massive Crowd we wanted the best and we sure got it in Tim come on you Vikings

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 9:31 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Ditto the above!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2020 3:40 pm
Share: