Sheens Tinkering Wh...

Notifications
Clear all

Sheens Tinkering What Is The Reason ?

(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

We have one of the best fullbacks in the league and one of the most talented half backs yet he not only switches their positions but worse of all after a non creative first half he never switched them back to their best positions. What the hell is he trying to prove is beyond belief, is he saying that Jack is a crap fullback and Joey is never a halfback ?. Perhaps he needs to read Matty Smiths comments on the BBC website about Joe. He has got away with it this time but IMO he is quickly losing the plot.

Topic starter Posted : 08/03/2020 6:04 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Didn’t think it worked out too bad today.

Think Lyons will end up at 1. He needs to fill out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 6:09 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

He makes the point in his post match interview that he considers Lyons a bit too slightly built to cope with the defensive duties of a halfback at the moment, whereas Jack has the size and the nous to cover there. I always considered Lyons defence OK, but then I don't see how they train, nor have I ever been an RL Coach

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 6:19 pm
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

Well I agree with Sheens. Lyons is talented as shown by his display scored 2 tries assisted another but is very slight in stature & needs building upper body strength. As soon as Owens went to half back the game changed and we got on top.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 6:37 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Rhys Hanbury started at scrum half then went to FB......

See how it works out, worked today, but feel Roby if fit would be a more natural option if Owens is not at FB.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 6:56 pm
(@the-vicar)
Estimable Member

Geoff , Jack played the whole game at 6 , not just the bit we were on top.

The Vicar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 7:01 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I always thought the FB was more likely to be injured returning kicks than a half back would be in their role?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 7:07 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

I suppose sheen tinkers because he is the coach, the clue is in the title

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 7:26 pm
(@come-on)

Sheens Is Looking At Options  I Think . I Will Always Consider His Selection To Have Been Thought Out . He Must Have His Motives . But For The Second Week Running We Got Battered And Beat Up The Old Fashioned Way . Think In The Long Run It Will Do The Kids In Our Team A Big Favour . As This Championship Is Getting Tougher Each Year . Enjoyed Today Real Struggle For Us But We Managed To Win Which Is The Main Thing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 8:04 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I thought it was an odd call pre game but to be fair Lyons got better as the game went on as did the team performance as a whole. I’ve always thought Lyons defends well for his size but if Sheens is trying to stop him having to do too much of it then it’s understandable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 8:13 pm
(@come-on)

In The Pre Season Friendlies Tim Sheens Was Putting Joey Lyons At FB , While Jack Owens Did A Stint At Hooker So It Must be Something He Has Been Thinking Of For A While Now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 8:32 pm
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

According to Ian Cheveau on twitter Lyons FB Owens in the halves is gonna be for the next 8 week (unless Patton comes in) so that must be how long cravens likely to be out for

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 8:39 pm
(@sunny)
Noble Member

If you watch TS's post match chat on the club site you will learn his reasoning.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2020 8:55 pm
Share: