Player of the year ...

Notifications
Clear all

Player of the year to leave!

Page 1 / 4
(@chillyviking)

MacGraff Leuluai is leaving at the end of the season!!! Along with Jack Johnson and Liam Cooper the club have just announced.

Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2020 11:57 am
(@chillyviking)

Shame I quite liked Johnson

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2020 11:59 am
(@steve-mcdonald)
Trusted Member

Hard to say Johnson will be a loss really after only a handful of games, that said he did well at Fev and is clearly a good winger at this level.

mcGraff have good service and was half decent at best, I see he’s returning home.

cooper never played so can’t comment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:03 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Jack scored 5 tries in 7 games!  Easy to say he is a loss, not difficult at all.  Jack is a good player and perfect cover for full back.  I would imagine he's either had a better offer or we want to spend more of our budget in other areas.

Say what you want about Macgraff, he's put in years of hard work and dedication to this club and should be commended for it.  It's a shame he's played his last game for the club and the fans can't show their appreciation, he's a good bloke who deserved a good send off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:06 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

All the best to Leuluai. Took a lot of stick over the years, but always gave 100% (unlike some in the SL days) and has been a good servant to the club.

Good luck to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:07 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

All the best to Leuluai. Took a lot of stick over the years, but always gave 100% (unlike some in the SL days) and has been a good servant to the club. Good luck to him.

Good luck to him - never short of effort.

Johnson looked good so its a pity to see him go, maybe something else on the horizon for him - Ottawa maybe?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:32 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

Jack scored 5 tries in 7 games! Easy to say he is a loss, not difficult at all. Jack is a good player and perfect cover for full back. I would imagine he’s either had a better offer or we want to spend more of our budget in other areas.

Say what you want about Macgraff, he’s put in years of hard work and dedication to this club and should be commended for it. It’s a shame he’s played his last game for the club and the fans can’t show their appreciation, he’s a good bloke who deserved a good send off.

i agree

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:35 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

2 starting 17 players going, more recruitment coming I suspect!

Johnson is one of the best wingers in the league, if he has got a full time deal, he deserves one.

Totally agree about Macgraff, good loyalty and must have done something right to be here for 10 years!

Cooper I don't think Sheens ever fancied and I think he was a Finney/Purtill signing anyway.

Interesting times ahead!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:37 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

All the best to Leuluai but to be fair he's had a bloody good run.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:40 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

That back injury didn't help him and he looked less eager to make his trademark hits this season.  Now is probably about right for his retirement.

Hatton looks pretty quick, and solid, alongside Tyrer could go, or maybe someone else in the wings ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:45 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I won’t be sorry to see Lulu go, I think he broke one tackle last season, at Sheffield, not done much for a while now. Johnson looked quite good, but we’ve got lots of good backs. It says Cooper got a injury in training, so it must have been a bad one to mention it. I just hope Sheens has got some good players lined up to replace those leaving.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 12:53 pm
(@blue-viking)
Estimable Member

The way I see it is it leaves sheens with more room and budget for recruitment

magraff I will be sad to see go always give 100 percent been a great servant however I think the time is right he left

cooper was a small back rower I don’t think sheens saw much in the lad and I’m sure we can recruit better

and Johnson I would of loved to of kept an ideal age and a great winger at this level but there will be plenty of wingers floating around I feel we can pick up to be a good enough replacement and to only lose him out of baker, cross, Owens, smith, Tomkins is pretty good going I feel as well as the recruits we have already signed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 1:03 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’d have like to see Johnson stay and not just because I sponsored him. He’s a very good player  at this level. At least we have plenty of options in the threequarters going forward.

Didnt see enough of Cooper to have too much of an opinion though it was clear from early on that Sheens didn’t see him as a first choice player.

Lulu divides opinion doesn’t he! Anyway, he’s played a lot of games for the club and I wish him well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 1:08 pm
 Mr H
(@mr-h)
Estimable Member

As has been said Leuluai has been a good servant and it is a same we were not able to give him a rousing send off!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 1:35 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

The only thing Lulu leaves behind is was responsible for the best after match celebration ever.

Anyone know what i am rambling on about ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/08/2020 1:54 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: