Notifications
Clear all

Placing

Page 1 / 2
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

Reckon we will make 8th, which is where most people reckoned, I was an optimist for top  6 but there we are

hopefully recruitment is under way - we need a bigger squad for sure, but now the expensive dead wood is gone that should make it easier
Beaten home and away by dewsbury is not great though, and we are still above them in the league !

Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2021 4:48 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I'm far from confident we will make eighth. Are we still in a situation where central funding is affected by our league position? If so, we really need a strong finish as all positions between 8th and 12th are feasible at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 4:56 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

12th

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:32 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

11th.Will take a massive leap to become a consistent and competitive top 5 team next year.Not going to happen is it ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:42 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I’m far from confident we will make eighth. Are we still in a situation where central funding is affected by our league position? If so, we really need a strong finish as all positions between 8th and 12th are feasible at the moment.

Don't think anything has yet been agreed regarding central funding - if there is difference, it will only be marginal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:50 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Cheers for that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:55 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

The fixtures are Halifax (H), Whitehaven (A), Bradford (H), Oldham (H), Swinton (A).

I think 2 more wins but not got any great confidence. 10th-12th I would say based off that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 5:58 pm
(@johnnyboy)
Reputable Member

The fixtures are Halifax (H), Whitehaven (A), Bradford (H), Oldham (H), Swinton (A). I think 2 more wins but not got any great confidence. 10th-12th I would say based off that.

I was going to say wins at Whitehaven and Swinton plus home win v Oldham but after today I do think Oldham may be the only 2pts we can bank on…. and even that isn’t cast iron…

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 9:21 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

We won't beat Whitehaven away, they are going well. 2 wins against Oldham and Swinton. 10th is the best we can hope for, but 12th or 10th doesn't really matter.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 9:28 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Couldn't careless tbh ...the season has been an utter washout...zero glory in being 10th 11th or 12th ...fact we're discussing it shows how embarrassing we've got ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 10:31 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

I feel the same CV, 10/11th in the championship what a laughing stock we have become. Not checked the football fixtures for next Sunday yet but if there’s a decent game on I reckon I’ll stay at home and watch that instead

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 10:45 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I feel the same CV, 10/11th in the championship what a laughing stock we have become. Not checked the football fixtures for next Sunday yet but if there’s a decent game on I reckon I’ll stay at home and watch that instead

And isn't that the danger going forward if we are not careful; people won't pay £22 to watch bottom end Championship Rugby!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 10:56 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Do you remember that song by Billie Ocean, When the going gets tough, some fans stop going! Good job you don’t support Swinton!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:03 pm
(@cumbria-viking)
Reputable Member

Sad saying it but that's the reality now ...damage is being done on the playing field on a weekly basis now and ultimately its going to take its toll on season ticket holders next season....walk in paying fans and VIQI members ...desperately need something positive to clutch to and atm there's diddly squit...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:15 pm
(@glynn)
Honorable Member

widnes are not far away from the 3rd tier in the next few years which would defo kill the club this time

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2021 11:16 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: