Notifications
Clear all

Ottawa

(@frankg)
Noble Member

I wish to lodge a complaint to RFL. Ottawa have today signed a player with no connection to Widnes. This is disgraceful and a slap in the face to those already signed on the understanding that it would be a Widnes reserve team!!

Have RFL addressed the position of Ottawa if they are unable to play any games in Canada due to continuing travel restrictions in 2021? Will they be allowed to play their "home" games in the UK? It would be better for the game, if they played their games in areas like London, Newcastle, Coventry, Wales or Scotland etc - at least this would give the RFL the opportunity to use Ottawa to promote the game in one of those potential (?) growth areas!

Topic starter Posted : 09/09/2020 7:37 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I wish to lodge a complaint to RFL. Ottawa have today signed a player with no connection to Widnes. This is disgraceful and a slap in the face to those already signed on the understanding that it would be a Widnes reserve team!! Have RFL addressed the position of Ottawa if they are unable to play any games in Canada due to continuing travel restrictions in 2021? Will they be allowed to play their “home” games in the UK? It would be better for the game, if they played their games in areas like London, Newcastle, Coventry, Wales or Scotland etc – at least this would give the RFL the opportunity to use Ottawa to promote the game in one of those potential (?) growth areas!

Ahh I love Rugby League, yet another expansion team implodes and everybody’s solution? “More expansion, more promotion”. Theirs a reason the NFL had one crack at a transatlantic comp in the 90s, it failed and they moved on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2020 8:26 pm
Share: