Notifications
Clear all

NRL Rule changes

(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

Some interesting ones here, not least the first one....thoughts? Some good, others less so for me.

NRL rule changes for 2021 season
Introduction of a two-point field goal for kicks taken from more than 40 metres out
'Six-again' to be called for 10-metre infringements
Penalties for teams if they leave a scrum before a referee calls 'break'
A play-the-ball restart if the ball or player with the ball goes over the sideline
Video referees to review replays after an on-field referee awards a try but a conversion attempt will not be allowed until it gets the green light
Injured players will be interchanged if a trainer ask for play to be stopped
When a captain's challenge is inconclusive a team will not be docked for an unsuccessful attempt
A handover will be ordered when a player does not make a genuine attempt to play the ball correctly with their foot

Topic starter Posted : 15/12/2020 12:02 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

I’d keep with what we have, because for any changes to be worthwhile we would need the referees to be consistent

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2020 2:57 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I’d keep with what we have, because for any changes to be worthwhile we would need the referees to be consistent

Agreed.Just apply the laws that we have, fairly, and that would great!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2020 4:19 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I thought the ref could already give a penalty for leaving the scrum early, I don’t mind them giving 2points for a 40 meter drop goal, as that’s quite hard, and I think teams will only try one near the end of the match.

I’ve also enjoyed seeing the Captains challenge in the Aussie matches this season, and think we should have it, only problem is, not all our matches are televised, unlike the Aussies.

The problem with playing the ball with your foot, is that refs are very inconsistent at penalising it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/12/2020 9:23 am
Share: