Norwegian Governmen...

Notifications
Clear all

Norwegian Government

(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

Another master stroke from these people

They are refusing to help or provide any assistance to companies who will pay out dividends to shareholders in the next two years

Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2020 2:19 pm
(@rafe-wrench)
Trusted Member

Most shareholders and dividend recipients are pension funds and indirectly therefore all of us. How will this help anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 7:17 pm
(@anotherposter)
Reputable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">Well in two years time there will still be a  company and a pension fund</p>
Any profits made have to be put directly back into the company to keep it stable

Or go back to 2008 when financial institutions were bailed out at the  cost of 10 years austerity but still managed to pay millions out in bonuses s year later

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/03/2020 8:37 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

Perhaps the criteria should be the bonuses paid to CEO and other senior executives.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 8:38 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Most shareholders and dividend recipients are pension funds and indirectly therefore all of us. How will this help anyone?

I agree Rafe, it’s a terrible idea! I’m conscious of it, but scared to look at my pension fund activity this week!☹️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 5:58 pm
(@di-keith-fowler)
Trusted Member

I agree Rafe people's pensions shouldn't be linked to the financial markets.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2020 5:07 pm
Share: