Logan Tomkins and L...

Notifications
Clear all

Logan Tomkins and Lee Jewitt ??

Page 1 / 2
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

I thnk it is time the club came out with a statement on the position with our two long term injured players.    Will either of them become available to play anytime soon? if not should we write them off the register and release their contract monies for other players?    If they are so injured that they can't play will their contracts be paid up by the insurance (or is that a silly question)?

Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2021 2:18 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I thnk it is time the club came out with a statement on the position with our two long term injured players. Will either of them become available to play anytime soon? if not should we write them off the register and release their contract monies for other players? If they are so injured that they can’t play will their contracts be paid up by the insurance (or is that a silly question)?

If a player is suffering with a long-term injury that would impede his ability to find a club (if released) he is very unlikely to accept a release. Subsequently, I doubt insurers would pay out on the basis of a player been unfit for a few months, that would set an unsustainable precedent from their perspective.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 2:55 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

I thnk it is time the club came out with a statement on the position with our two long term injured players. Will either of them become available to play anytime soon? if not should we write them off the register and release their contract monies for other players? If they are so injured that they can’t play will their contracts be paid up by the insurance (or is that a silly question)?

Doesn't work like that.  The only thing we can do is request to de-register them so they don't count on the cap - but this is pointless as we're no where near the cap.

Beginning to think we'll see neither of them this season.  Shame, Tomkins in particular would make a big difference to us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 3:10 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Anybody heard anything on Dwyer and O’Neil?

Apparently they’ve both left the club?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 5:56 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Long-term injured is your clue - what do you want them to say? Tomkins is still long-term injured?

You can't just write them off the salary cap, likewise employment law says you can't just release them.

Tomkins is on contract for next season as well, so would have to be paid up for that as well.

Not heard anything regarding Dwyer and O'Neill - though O'Neill of course suffered a pretty horrendous head/concussion injury, which are obviously treated very carefully these days. Dwyer featured in a recent game (Whitehaven).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 6:57 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

If they have both left (and hopefully they haven’t) then we are going to need reinforcements or a lot of luck with injuries to get through the season with enough forwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 9:02 pm
Gofyn
(@gofyn)
Estimable Member

It would have killed you watching Arron Moule and Tony Myler.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 9:46 pm
(@widnes_78)
Eminent Member

Seems to me Logan is injured and Lee can’t be arsed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 10:24 pm
(@widiot)
Reputable Member

Dwyer has left I believe, if Lee Jewitt can’t be bothered then he should be shown the door. Was always a risky signing that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2021 11:24 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

Dwyer has left I believe, if Lee Jewitt can’t be bothered then he should be shown the door. Was always a risky signing that one.

I think the ‘Lee can’t be arsed’ comment probably doesn’t represent the player or club’s opinion.

I also agree with the opinion that if the club has said a player has a long term injury there is no real need to keep repeating it - saying it every week isn’t going to change the nature of the injury.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 12:16 am
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

At least jewitt has appeared this season, Tomkins has not played for 15 months and has been injured since before Christmas according to reports. I doubt we will see him this season if ever.

we need to make a couple of signings, the big question is where do they come from. The loan signings are problematical and most players are already signed for this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 5:25 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

It was said Tomkins was out for hopefully about 3 months with a foot injury.  But it did sound rather hopeful than definite in terms of how the injury responded to physio etc. It's now been 3 months and our stand in hooker who has been superb has gone back to Wigan. So we are due am update.  How has the injury responded,  is he on track, has he started light training, running etc or is he still way off?

Jewitt hadn't played for nearly 2 years and quit Hull KR due to injury so was always a risky signing. With the size of our squad particularly in the forwards its obviously a risk that hasn't paid off.

We signed 2 more on season long loans that have gone straight back to Warrington so we are basically 4 short in the forwards.  We have managed to name a strong 20 man squad, but if we pick up 3 or 4 injuries, especially in the forwards, it's a case of when and not if this will happen at some point during the season, then we wouldn't be able to raise a team. Jewitt, Tomkins, O'Neil x2, Doro, Robson and Dwyer injured/gone back to parent clubs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 6:16 am
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">Just noticed Doro is still in the first team squad list on the official site. Could it be that Warrington knew they would have a lot of players involved in the Exiles game, so with him going back for his 4 week betting ban the plan was to keep him until after that game? Robson has been removed so they could of taken both players off at the same time and also Doro hasn't been loaned out anywhere else. Now that the game is out of the way, if we could get both O'Neil and Doro back it would be a bonus.</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 6:25 am
(@the-ghost-of-ethel)
Estimable Member

Not sure where the Jewitt is not arsed statements keep coming from.

Having spoken to him on a few occasions he is most definitely 'arsed but sadly injured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 8:28 am
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Purely speculating here but Tomkins injury appears a little suspect. A foot injury keeping someone out for over six months? I can understand a knee or an ankle but I’ve never heard of a foot injury causing such a prolonged absence.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2021 9:07 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: