Notifications
Clear all

Kibula

(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

He has been signed by Bradford on 1 year deal from Warrington. Someone posted on here somewhere that he was rumoured to sign for us. Perhaps as well we missed him as has been out injured all year? Still another possible prop disappears from view. I fear for us if we intend to rely on Baker & Grady as cover for the prop positions.

Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2021 6:52 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

We may have been waiting for his decision! However, one recovering prop is probably enough tbh.

There have to be other props about and may well be on our radar, just waiting for them or their agents to make decisions. As things stand we should have most of our squad in place by Nov which is something of a record for us.

There seem to be SL clubs also looking for big forwards, which doesn't help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2021 10:24 am
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

We may have been waiting for his decision! However, one recovering prop is probably enough tbh. There have to be other props about and may well be on our radar, just waiting for them or their agents to make decisions. As things stand we should have most of our squad in place by Nov which is something of a record for us. There seem to be SL clubs also looking for big forwards, which doesn’t help.

I agree with you that 1 recovering prop is enough. I am surprised we have not resigned Tilleke yet as he is young & has good potential to develop.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/10/2021 11:19 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Tilleke and others potential retainees need sorting out asap.

With the SL etc still unwinding there may be other prop opportunities in the offing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2021 1:18 pm
Share: