Notifications
Clear all

Fanzine

(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I thought the new Fanzine was very good and an improvement on the ones produced last season with plenty of interesting articles and interviews.
The only thing I can’t understand is how we can afford to print a high quality fanzine, but can’t afford to produce a mat day programme, because I am told it loses too much money. I would have thought the fanzine will probably sell less than a programme and has a lot less adverts in it and sells for a £1 less, would lose more money.

Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 10:13 am
(@scouseviking55)
Reputable Member

Isn’t the fanzine done and funded by wissl?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 10:16 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

I thought the new Fanzine was very good and an improvement on the ones produced last season with plenty of interesting articles and interviews. The only thing I can’t understand is how we can afford to print a high quality fanzine, but can’t afford to produce a mat day programme, because I am told it loses too much money. I would have thought the fanzine will probably sell less than a programme and has a lot less adverts in it and sells for a £1 less, would lose more money.

It is as far as I know totally funded by WISSL and its sold monthly which means in this case it can be sold at three home games (including Oldham at home) therefore catching more people. Its all about Widnes which I know annoyed some people during the last days of programmes reading about other teams and your right its a pound cheaper which makes it affordable. i think its a great read for the cost

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 10:43 am
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I managed to buy on this time and thought it was a good halfway house between programme and fanzine. In the past a match day programme was always too little content and too much adverts for me, whilst a fanzine was always a bit amateurish and tried to be a bit zany. Genuinely though this one ticks many boxes with plenty of content which would interest different age ranges - some bits I read, some I skipped!

not surprised at all that it sells well!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 12:46 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I think if they could bring Billy the Boot out of retirement and let him air his views !

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2020 3:17 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Wouldn't they have to dig him up though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 3:34 pm
 DLM
(@dlm)
Trusted Member

Really good read the 1st addition.

All credit to the WISSL team who have put it together and improved significantly on last season.

doing lots of good stuff.

DLM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2020 5:44 pm
(@ralph-wiggum)
Estimable Member

Wouldn’t they have to dig him up though.

William is alive and well CJ..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2020 10:43 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

If you know William, Ralph, could you ask him to come out of retirement?!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/03/2020 11:03 am
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

Good, I didn't realise.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2020 3:40 pm
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

I agree, it's a good read. Especially now, as we've got nowt to do!

So bored, I even had a look at the "Spot the Difference" pic of Kemic today. Apart from the two obvious ones, I'm struggling to see the other five! Anyone seen them all? (no, don't tell me what they are if you have) 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 8:52 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

I agree, it’s a good read. Especially now, as we’ve got nowt to do! So bored, I even had a look at the “Spot the Difference” pic of Kemic today. Apart from the two obvious ones, I’m struggling to see the other five! Anyone seen them all? (no, don’t tell me what they are if you have) 🙂

have had a look myself John and as you say apart from main two cant see any others

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 7:35 am
Badly Overdrawn Boy
(@badly-overdrawn-boy)
Honorable Member

Good, thought my eyesight was going!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 7:37 pm
Share: