Notifications
Clear all

Compliance with Regs?

(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

An interesting item on Serious About RL regarding the SL teams in the game who, even now, would not meet the pattern laid out for SL teams under the franchise system.

Stadia facilities. academy set up etc, to name but two are still lacking in teams who are established SL teams.

Of course the mantra of 'its on the field that matters' is fine but in that case would the SLE refuse entry to any large European city with a wealthy backer? And would the present teams with poor facilities be ejected to make room if the incomers demanded immediate entry?

Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2021 9:43 am
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

I mean ultimately, we only have some visibility on the criteria.

It's obvious that Castleford and Wakefield fail on stadia; Leigh and Salford fail on academy.

But otherwise? I daresay that Castleford are actually run fairly well, decent turnover, produce players, on-pitch performance has been good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2021 10:52 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Agreed James, but if criteria aren't 'essential' why bother? Salford lasted for years on a promise and architects drawings, as have Wakey. Why not just say that you can play anywhere?

The number of games played on undersized playing areas is, in my view at least, not satisfactory for the top of our game, particularly when we have laws tied to distance (40/20).

I know I'm being petty but officialdom insists on the detail when it suits them!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2021 12:07 pm
Share: