Notifications
Clear all

Club update

(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/vikings-recruitment-update/

Profoundly transparent and open from the club, the exact insight missing from the Rule show.

Sounds like the club are digging their heels regarding transfers, makes sense considering the season is 5 months away.

Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2020 4:09 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

This statement is most welcome and it seems like a sensible decision to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2020 4:48 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

This statement is most welcome and it seems like a sensible decision to me.

I am sure a few screwballs will berate the club but fundamentally, they can only sign players that are available and many players probably won’t be able until after the super league season concludes. Also they state that Smith and Tomkins was brought in later essentially proving why waiting for the best players is for the best.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/08/2020 5:19 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

Ultimately, there are five months to go until next season. Plenty of time to recruit the right players.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2020 9:40 pm
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

Happy with the squad so far. Just 4 or 5 more that will be worth waiting for to be honest. A few Secondrowers and a loose forward possibly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2020 9:07 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The game in general isn't out of the wood yet with regard to Covid 19. No real idea when crowds are going to be allowed. This should be part of the club's thinking too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2020 10:07 am
(@ratboy)
Reputable Member

The game in general isn’t out of the wood yet with regard to Covid 19. No real idea when crowds are going to be allowed. This should be part of the club’s thinking too.

My thoughts too as we do not know when crowds will be back and could be costly in the long term if spend too much. Personally I would leave the squad as it is now, and then pick Super League players up on the cheap nearer to the season. I am sure some can be on loan if surplus to requirements.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2020 12:49 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Sounds like a plan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/08/2020 2:44 pm
Share: