Chris Moore

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ralph WiggumRalph Wiggum
    • Kemik’s Assistant
    • ☆☆

Heard this morning that my Good Friend  Chris Moore has very sadly passed away.
    Chris was a fanatical Widnes Vikings Supporter, until ill health stopped him from travelling to the games Many of you will remember Chris as the matchday announcer and a Contributor  to the Widnes Vikings programme and the League Express for quite a few seasons too.
    Rest In Peace Chris, Thank You For  The Many Wonderful Memories We Shared Over The Years..

widneslatic
    • New signing

Sad news, Rest In Peace Chris 😔

Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about him a few days ago.

Best match day announcer we’ve ever had (no offence to Mark Naughton)

Wasn’t his involvement with the club & the game brought to a sudden end by a massive stroke?

I seem to remember the club did a tape/CD for him of all the players wishing him a speedy recovery.

I think it was played over the PA system before the game after he took ill (approximately 2004, if my memory serves me right)

Farnworth Viking
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Chris is one of my Facebook friends and theirs nothing been mentioned on his page.

Ralph WiggumRalph Wiggum
    • Kemik’s Assistant
    • ☆☆

Think you will find it on his wife’s FB page Gary..

sandgroper
    • Captain
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

In these ‘odd’ times so many good people have passed away almost without it being noticed. Funerals without attendance of mourners are terrible trials for loved ones.

Rest in Peace Chris.

SinbadSinbad
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Sad news.

Farnworth Viking
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

Very sad news, I went to a lot of away games with Chris before he moved to Cambridge. I met up with him again when he came back for the World Club Challenge anniversary dinner.

He also helped modernise our Match day programme

GofynGofyn
    • New signing

To many just a voice that is the perfect accessory to the memories of Naughton park. All a little fuzzy now but set in stone with his excellent knowledge and delivery. Chris was the icing on the cake

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.