Notifications
Clear all

Change of day for SL games

(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Does anyone know why this weeks SL games are on Thursday and Friday? It seems strange as Sky will get lower viewing figures, with most people working on Thursday and Friday.

Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2020 11:15 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Presumably to comply with Sky's programme requirements. The spreading and varying of game day has, in my view, resulted in a reduction in attendances at games, particularly bad for those with low crowd figures.

At least if the games are televise they can be recorded.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 11:31 am
(@frankg)
Noble Member

There are UEFA Nations League matches on Saturday and Sunday. SL games were previously screened on Thursday and Friday evening. The scheduling of the Salford game (2.30pm on Thursday) is a bit odd, but with no crowds perhaps doesn't matter that much when the game is played.

Clearly the North Macedonia v Armenia game on Saturday and the Andorra v Faroe Islands game on Sunday are more attractive to Sky than SL. Probably higher viewing figures too!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 12:00 pm
(@griffin1)
Estimable Member

Just in case anyone is a bit dim like me , Sky sports mix HD is now on 416, but I had to reset my Q box for it to show on the listings .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 1:26 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I don’t know why SL has to play on Thursday and Friday because of the football. SL is on Sky Arena and football has 2 other channels plus main event.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2020 3:27 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

What’s even stranger is despite changing the days of the matches to avoid the football, Sky have relegated them to Sky Mix. Because Thursday there is Caribbean t20 cricket and Darts and Friday is Basketball and Darts. Shows how important Sky think Super League is.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/09/2020 6:00 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

To be fair, I suppose they couldn't really show RL on the Cricket channel but the Darts could have been on Mix, but I suppose its easier moving the RL for two nights when the Darts have been on more or less every night for over a week.

Do we think Joe Public know more darts players than RL? Maybe....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 8:40 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

The Caribbean cricket is on the cricket channel and on Sky Action at the same time, I don’t think Caribbean league cricket is that popular that Sky have to show it on 2 channels.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2020 7:43 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

I agree that it's odd in fairness that the CPL is on so prominently, given Cricket in the West Indies has been poorly attended for a while (when crowds were allowed in).

However, the reality of the relationship is that if SKY said play at 9.00 on Monday morning, we would do it because we need their cash to keep Professional.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2020 5:50 pm
Share: