Notifications
Clear all

Callum Wood

(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

He has signed for North Wales for the 2021 season. Suppose he wanted regular rugby.  It is reported he has signed as a hooker for them whereas he has always played prop for us. Presumably as a academy player we will have got a fee for him? Anyone heard anything on this?

Topic starter Posted : 19/10/2020 11:54 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

We live in peculiar times. Most of us will feel as if we have 'lost' a year somehow.

Youngsters live at a faster pace that old folks and he probably can't wait to get onto the field. Good luck to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 7:42 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

He played in some of the pre season games at hooker, and played well. Like you say probably can’t wait to play first team rugby regularly .
Depends wether he thinks it’s better playing in the bottom division of the RL in a team that loses more games than it wins, or better playing Well in the reserves for a good championship team, and hopefully start getting a game in the first team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 10:45 am
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

He has never played prop that was Callum O'Neill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 11:50 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Played against Swinton with Hulme in the last game, I think.

Wonder whether we will go into the market for a hooker to compliment Tomkins? I would.

On that note, wonder whether Sheens' departure is the end of the Lyons to FB experiment? I hope so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 5:41 pm
(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

I suspect that Matty Smith may step in there if needed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 5:58 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

<p style="text-align: left;">I think you are getting mixed up with Callum O'Neil, he's the academy prop. Callum Wood was a hooker we signed to play in the reserves from Rochdale. He didn't play for our academy.</p>
<p style="text-align: left;">I'm virtually certain they won't have a Championship reserve competition next season so makes sense for him to sign for North Wales.</p>

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 6:32 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Looked quite sharp when he played in pre season and off the bench when he got his chance later on but I doubt he was going to have much chance of a regular starting spot. Can’t blame him for moving on to a club where he is likely to he first choice. Good luck to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2020 9:29 pm
Share: