Notifications
Clear all

Brad Walker

(@frankg)
Noble Member

What is the current position with Brad Walker? He was signed by Wakefield on a two year deal and loaned out to Newcastle, but has not featured in any of the Wakefield games as far as I know, in spite of their player shortages.

He did show some signs of being a decent player in the games he played for Widnes and seen as a future regular first-teamer, although never quite managed to play up to expectations.

Topic starter Posted : 05/11/2020 1:13 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

I think he played recently Frank and impressed on his debut.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 1:52 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Dan Norman has joined Saints.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 2:14 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

Dan Norman has joined Saints.

Wow, you talking about a player shortage and this is it. I would say he wasn’t even good enough for Widnes last year.

Big piece small heart.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 3:10 pm
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Sorry.Not yet signed but Saints are very interested and he is 'set to join'.

https://www.totalrl.com/broncos-forward-set-to-join-saints/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 4:34 pm
(@mick-george)
Prominent Member

What is the current position with Brad Walker? He was signed by Wakefield on a two year deal and loaned out to Newcastle, but has not featured in any of the Wakefield games as far as I know, in spite of their player shortages. He did show some signs of being a decent player in the games he played for Widnes and seen as a future regular first-teamer, although never quite managed to play up to expectations.

He is a good player but our useless coaches he played under where clueless and never gave talented players regular game time, great if we could tempt him back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 5:47 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Dan Norman would have to improve a lot to fit Saints pattern.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2020 11:34 pm
 Owl
(@owl)
Trusted Member

Dan Norman would have to improve a lot to fit Saints pattern.

He was slow under the old rules..........

I look at SL  and then turn on the NRL and wonder where the game here is heading................................

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2020 10:44 am
(@sinbad)
Noble Member

Walker is on the bench for Wakefield tonight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2020 4:25 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Dan Norman was a stand out player as a youngster, his biggest issue is that between 16 and 19 he missed a lot of rugby through injury.  This was key to him development as he missed the intensity of games and was playing catch up on return.  He looks after himself very well and there is definitely a player there, but he needs to play and I'm not sure he will at Saints on a regular basis.  I  would have thought a year at London in the Championship and in a full time environment is perfect for him at this stage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/11/2020 1:17 pm
Share: