Notifications
Clear all

Aussie RL rules

(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I know some of the rules in the NRL are different than SL, but I’ve not heard of this one. Both in one of last week’s matches and in this weeks Gold Coast match, a try had been given by the on field referee, and the goal kicker was lining up the conversion, when the video ref tells the ref that they should look at the try. Last week it was disallowed, this weeks wasn’t. I didn’t know the video ref could do that Do you think that it’s a good idea?

Topic starter Posted : 19/03/2021 10:19 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Certainly there are misreads by refs which affect the result. High tackles, blatant knock ons etc which ruin games. Many player challenges are proved to be ref misreads, so that should improve the official's performance.

Not sure that too many interference calls would help the game though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/03/2021 12:29 pm
(@spike-island-90)
Honorable Member

I think that’s what football missing. A goal should only be looked at if the on field ref feels there’s a concern and if he checks with Var but gives a goal then it should be conclusive evidence to overrule.

No re-refereeing the game then. In terms of rugby, I like the back to one rule instead of a pen. One of my pet hates is when a team would be rewarded by a pen and it would be minute before play resumes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/03/2021 2:16 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

I must admit that I like the six tackle resumption rather than a penalty. Some teams are very adept at conning pens, maybe 2, to get upfield and usually a try. Its an easy territory gain but six more means that they still have to earn the territory. It tests fitness and might lead to younger teams!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2021 11:50 am
Share: