Notifications
Clear all

Fixtures 2021

Page 3 / 3
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Also why only one game over Easter weekend, and ours is one of the furthest away. A friend said it could be because some teams have small squads and would struggle to play 2 games over a weekend, if they got injuries.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2021 5:40 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Bill Fallowfield, a pencil, and the back of a fag packet managed home/away but not the computer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2021 6:39 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

They have gone with a reduced fixture list of 22 because the season is starting 7/8 weeks later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2021 6:50 pm
(@ditton-donkey)
Noble Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Now that the new fixtures are out, can someone explain why the RFL aren’t able to make what seems like very simple plans to me for a home game, away game, home, away and so on?</p> <p style=”text-align: left;”>Obviously there will be a couple of blank dates for cup games but are there any other obvious reasons I’m missing?</p>

wouldn’t of thought it was that difficult to achieve so cannot explain it apart from its the RFL

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2021 6:45 am
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

They can't have a 14 team League with 13 home and 13 away if they want the regular season finished in September, unless they want to use midweek games.

So they have gone down the route of 22 which means 9 home and away, and then 2 just at home and 2 just away.

Whether they should have used midweek games, more use of Easter/May/August Bank Holidays is a different matter, but I think the structure probably suits us as we only play Toulouse and Featherstone once, whereas Halifax, Bradford and York: who I think we could realistically argue would be fighting for a Top 6 place with us, play both twice.

All of which assumes Toulouse will be able to play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2021 7:19 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: