Notifications
Clear all

Stuart Cummings

widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

It appears Stuart Cummings is carving a new career out as a Cricket Umpire.

He is one of the 3 Officials in charge of Lancashire's County Championship Decider against Hampshire at Aigburth.

Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2021 12:54 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

He used to be a professional cricketer and used to teach PT in a local school before he took up refereeing. All in all, a good sporting all-rounder.

IMHO,  he was a bang-average SL referee and not much better on the tele either. Hope he’s a better cricket umpire.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2021 1:51 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Just spoke to my mate the ref, who is at Aigburth. Cricket is his second fave sport after RL.

He tells me that Cummings is the referee, and not an umpire.

A referee in cricket (so he tells me) is similar to a match commissioner in RL.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2021 3:52 pm
(@torn-sock-1)
Estimable Member

The cricket format for deciding the title winners is slightly convoluted this season, but is certainly shaping up for an interesting last day of the season.

Lancashire currently a couple of runs short with 2 wickets left.

Warwickshire 100 without loss in other game.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2021 4:18 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

Just spoke to my mate the ref, who is at Aigburth. Cricket is his second fave sport after RL. He tells me that Cummings is the referee, and not an umpire. A referee in cricket (so he tells me) is similar to a match commissioner in RL. Spelly.

Cheers for that Spelly 😊👍

BBC Cricket website had him down as 1 of the 3 officials (didn't say what his role was though) but I kinda figured out he wasn't the head umpire when I started to watching the last hour or so, which was live streamed YouTube.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2021 5:02 pm
widneslatic
(@widneslatic)
Reputable Member

The cricket format for deciding the title winners is slightly convoluted this season, but is certainly shaping up for an interesting last day of the season. Lancashire currently a couple of runs short with 2 wickets left. Warwickshire 100 without loss in other game.

Very exciting & nervy win for Lancashire, but that just puts added pressure on Warwickshire tomorrow.

Sounds like Edgbaston is a good pitch for batting at the moment, which doesn't bode well for Warwickshire's bowlers.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/09/2021 5:09 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Fair play to him for getting a second career in a different sport.

Most importantly, hopefully Somerset don't mess up tomorrow and we win the Championship!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2021 9:18 pm
Share: