Notifications
Clear all

season ticket

Page 1 / 3
(@wrlfcefc1989)
Estimable Member

Just out of interest, if the season does not continue, what are peoples thoughts regarding season tickets? I am lucky that I'm in a position where I can afford to write off the money I paid for my season ticket in the hope it helps the club, but a lot of people are not in such position. What are peoples thoughts?

Topic starter Posted : 11/06/2020 7:44 am
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

I'd probably fall into the fortunate category you're in but with redundancies and reduced incomes not everyone is in the same boat.

Everton gave fans the option for the 5 games they're missing to either have the money back or donate it to their foundation, which I thought was an excellent idea.  I would hope the club will give people the option to either donate the money to the club, or have a refund.  It's only fair that you've essentially paid for something that you won't receive.

It would be bad form in my opinion if the club assumed they could keep the season ticket money without consulting the fans and giving them the option.  This allows people in your position to donate the money to the club and those less fortunate to get a refund (if that money is available, which is probably the real issue).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 8:38 am
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

I think the club will consult with The fans regarding the monies, however as has been mentioned some fans in these troubled times can not afford the loss. Ourselves as pensioners we will pass on ours as a gift to the club and hope for better next year👍👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 10:16 am
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

I would not ask for a refund, but I agree the club should ask all the stronghold members and ask them if they want a refund or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 11:13 am
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

I think the communication from the club and VIQI has been really, really poor during all of this.

The last we heard off the club was in March. Even if they released communication to say nothing has changed. By the lack of communication i take it the club is in a really healthy financial position? Don't think VIQI have said anything during this? How are membership levels? What money is going to the club? What is it being used for?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 12:53 pm
(@viking-man)
Reputable Member

Probably because staff have been furloughed, those staff that usually update us probably aren't working and therefore not allowed to.

Doesn't mean it's right, I agree someone should be updating us and the social media channels are still putting clips on everyday so someones about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 1:06 pm
(@frankg)
Noble Member

They are probably waiting until a final decision is made about the 2020 season. There is still some suggestion about it going ahead from August.

I guess they will have to offer a pro rata refund to those who want it and/or a deal on the 2021 season tickets.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 2:02 pm
(@viking25)
Prominent Member

Good update by the club on the website.

Good on them for communicating and good on them for having the club in a a healthy position. Well done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 6:06 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

Agreed, a good summary of the clubs current position. Let’s all hope that the season can resume sometime in the Autumn.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 6:54 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

There was a poll on our our Facebook page, and not one said they'd ask for a refund.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 7:56 pm
(@erik-the-red)
Estimable Member

A very comprehensive update off the club, with a message which may satisfy some but not others.  This is often the case in these situations, but the reality is that they simply don't know what the season is going to look like yet.  Let us all hope that the fans can get back into the stadium and the pay on the day supporters can really bolster the coffers of the club.  The saviours of our great club all deserve that and for better times after everybody pulled together to get us out of the financial mess in which we found ourselves.

It is appreciated that some supporters may have their own difficulties during the pandemic and all of its associated problems and some may not even be able to take advantage of Furlough, but I for one have prioritised where my income goes during this period with the club firmly in mind.

It is also very good to read of the benevolence of the Halton Council in regard to rent freeze for the stadium, and I have to take my hat off to them for this gesture.  I have not always looked favourably upon our Council for reasons I will not go into on here, but they have redeemed themselves somewhat with this move in my eyes.

It has been great to re-live some of the wonderful memories of games and decades gone by on WIDNES TV to provide our rugby entertainment and certainly has generated some interesting conversation in our household about past and present players and their styles and skills.

Lets stick with them in their efforts everybody...

Erik

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 8:08 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

A very comprehensive update off the club, with a message which may satisfy some but not others. This is often the case in these situations, but the reality is that they simply don’t know what the season is going to look like yet. Let us all hope that the fans can get back into the stadium and the pay on the day supporters can really bolster the coffers of the club. The saviours of our great club all deserve that and for better times after everybody pulled together to get us out of the financial mess in which we found ourselves. It is appreciated that some supporters may have their own difficulties during the pandemic and all of its associated problems and some may not even be able to take advantage of Furlough, but I for one have prioritised where my income goes during this period with the club firmly in mind. It is also very good to read of the benevolence of the Halton Council in regard to rent freeze for the stadium, and I have to take my hat off to them for this gesture. I have not always looked favourably upon our Council for reasons I will not go into on here, but they have redeemed themselves somewhat with this move in my eyes. It has been great to re-live some of the wonderful memories of games and decades gone by on WIDNES TV to provide our rugby entertainment and certainly has generated some interesting conversation in our household about past and present players and their styles and skills. Lets stick with them in their efforts everybody… Erik

Spot on Erik! With you all the way!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 7:13 am
(@geoffw)
Prominent Member

It is good to hear from the club & that the news is as good as can be expected. Personally I cannot see the season continuing due to the cost of virus testing which football clubs are quoting as much as between £150k to £200k & that is for only 10 or so games while we have more like 20.

As regards the season ticket issue I shall not reclaim any monies from the club & treat it as a donation.

I do agree with a previous contributor that some information from WISSL would be welcomed especially on the current number of members & how much is being contributed each month. Surely members could be told this by way of an e-mail to members only perhaps once a quarter or at the very least twice a year?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 1:58 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Not an easy position for any club managerial staff atm. Just how much it will hit the SL money men is a hard one as well with no gate income rolling in.

Just hope that our players stick with us through this mess and get ready for next season!!!

If the RFL go through the 'no scrums' scenario' it shouldn't count on the P/R situation imo. Hard on Beaumont but it wouldn't be fair on anyone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 4:18 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

I agree with the general sentiment here and would say I’m happy for the club to do what is best for the club and should not feel obliged to the fans.

I don’t think we will see any more championship rugby this season. The clubs couldn’t afford to play behind closed doors and the cost of deep cleaning facilities at the ground would be huge. That’s before we consider the safety of the players, social distancing on team coaches needing more coaches etc.

That said, if there are no more matches this season then the club will have another headache as changes in furlough from the end of July will mean they will have to pay a larger portion of the payroll costs. This would undoubtedly be an area where the club would need additional financial support so we may expect some fundraisers. It’ll be interesting to see if the RFL look to contribute as so far there has been no indication of where they have deployed the money and you’d hope that the government grant of £16M would be available to us and other non-SL clubs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 5:10 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: