Refund

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Richard Richard
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Not that I’ve heard a jot off the club after numerous msgs and emails.

st helens viking
    • New signing

I also need the refund have been an original stronghold member back in the day paid into viqi and donated to keep the club afloat also hired box for my birthday so not a armchair supporter so would like some clarity from club have sent emails

Mick George
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

If people need the money then they should of had it back by now. People having a go at fans asking for refunds are complete and utter pricks, and the club should not be allowing such things on their official social media sites. There are VIQI funds in the kitty why can’t these be used ? a total bill of around £75000 and the players furloughed cannot be hard to obtain.

Richard Richard
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

If people need the money then they should of had it back by now. People having a go at fans asking for refunds are complete and utter pricks, and the club should not be allowing such things on their official social media sites. There are VIQI funds in the kitty why can’t these be used ? a total bill of around £75000 and the players furloughed cannot be hard to obtain.

I’m being ignored on Instagram msgs because I had the audacity to ask when I would be refunded.

Frankg
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

I agree with the above comments. If any fan asks for a refund for their own personal reasons, it does not make them any less of a fan. Some idiots on social media seem to revel in negativity and should be ignored. Most of them probably do not support the club in any event.

Whether the club is too slow in making the refunds, leave that for the club to answer. I am sure that they will make the refunds as quickly as they can, but probably good practice to advise those seeking a refund when the payment is likely to be made.

Ceejay1
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Can I remind the members and “supporters” on here that the funds paid into VIQI are NOT the property of the Vikings club but the supporters group.   They are two separate organisations.

Mick George
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

Can I remind the members and “supporters” on here that the funds paid into VIQI are NOT the property of the Vikings club but the supporters group. They are two separate organisations.

Whatever the VIQI money is spent it it is still donated for the club to use. What official capacity of VIQI do you have to bark out comments like that ?.

Dan1
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

If the club need to get a loan to pay back the season ticket holders needing a refund, then using VIQI money would be better as it would avoid the club getting itself into debt and paying interest.

I pay £15 a month into VIQI, with the main intention being to help with squad building and player retention. However I actually signed up when the club was in real trouble after the previous board let us down. So the number one priority is the survival of the club. Its not ideal using VIQI funds and who knows if we even need to, but I would say its better to keep the club debt free. Even using VIQI funds as an interest free loan would be better than going to the bank for the cash.

Its also a pretty exceptional set of circumstances that have led to this situation, lets hope by February we can have 5,000 fans in stadiums like Catalans, as for the Championship 5,000 should cover just about every game, apart from maybe Widnes vs Leigh.

Frankg
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

We have about 2000 (?) season ticket holders, so it should not have taken a great deal of time to send out letters/e-mails about the refund and to sort out those that requested a refund. Presumably, the amount of refund had been calculated. The problem may have been lack of staff, as a number of staff would have been on furlough until the end of this month. You cannot criticise the club for that.

As for how the refunds are financed, perhaps leave that to the club to determine what is best financially for the club. Possibly,  the Government loan to the RFL is still available to use. Anyway, the club has now indicated that they will be contacting those requesting a refund in the coming weeks. Hopefully, this will close this thread – although I guess the next moan will be about how the refund was calculated!

Whether spectators will be allowed back in grounds for the beginning of the 2021 season is not certain, but we can live in hope. Maybe once crowds are allowed into grounds, with or without a limit, the RFL and clubs could promote the return of the game to try and attract the fans back, as well as lapsed or potential fans, who may enjoy a Sunday afternoon supporting their local team

Ceejay1
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

What official capacity of VIQI do you have to bark out comments like that ?.

None, just making a point.

Dan1
    • North Stander
    • ☆☆☆☆☆

You have quoted me, but I didnt say that.

I also see the government have granted 4 SL games to have 1,000 fans attend at the end of September, good news, let’s hope its managed well and us a success.

Former Chemic
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

“Hopefully, this will close this thread – although I guess the next moan will be about how the refund was calculated!”

I’m certain that it wasn’t intended, but to characterise people whose circumstances mean they need a refund as “moaners” comes over as being straight out of the Rees-Mogg book of demeaning insults.

Fortunately I don’t need a refund and am glad that so many others can help the club out in this and other ways.

Richard Richard
    • Time to get a VIQI
    • ☆☆☆☆

We have about 2000 (?) season ticket holders, so it should not have taken a great deal of time to send out letters/e-mails about the refund and to sort out those that requested a refund. Presumably, the amount of refund had been calculated. The problem may have been lack of staff, as a number of staff would have been on furlough until the end of this month. You cannot criticise the club for that. As for how the refunds are financed, perhaps leave that to the club to determine what is best financially for the club. Possibly, the Government loan to the RFL is still available to use. Anyway, the club has now indicated that they will be contacting those requesting a refund in the coming weeks. Hopefully, this will close this thread – although I guess the next moan will be about how the refund was calculated! Whether spectators will be allowed back in grounds for the beginning of the 2021 season is not certain, but we can live in hope. Maybe once crowds are allowed into grounds, with or without a limit, the RFL and clubs could promote the return of the game to try and attract the fans back, as well as lapsed or potential fans, who may enjoy a Sunday afternoon supporting their local team

I’m guessing it will be calculated on the ten home games that weren’t played.

st helens viking
    • New signing

Checked my bank account and refund has been paid cleared some of my overdraft thankfully

Frankg
    • First Teamer
    • ☆☆☆☆☆☆

“Hopefully, this will close this thread – although I guess the next moan will be about how the refund was calculated!”

I’m certain that it wasn’t intended, but to characterise people whose circumstances mean they need a refund as “moaners” comes over as being straight out of the Rees-Mogg book of demeaning insults. Fortunately I don’t need a refund and am glad that so many others can help the club out in this and other ways.

ot intended to criticise anyone seeking a refund for their own personal reasons and it does not make them any less of a fan. Just a general comment that there will always be some who seem to look to criticise the club on social media. Have the club released the figures for those requesting a refund?

The problem for 2021 is whether fans will be reluctant to buy a season ticket when there are still doubts as to when the season will start or when spectators will be allowed back into grounds.

Back to Forum Home | Mark Topic Read  | 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.