Kristan Inu - leavi...

Notifications
Clear all

Kristan Inu - leaving salford

(@djones)
Estimable Member

Kristan has posted on Twitter that this weekend is likely to be his last game for salford.

I think I would if he was prepared to play part time. He proved he was SL quality when he went to Salford.

If another SL club didn't pick him up on a full time contact, would he be an option for 2022

Topic starter Posted : 16/09/2021 2:54 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

Cracking player, would still stand out at this level but wouldn’t come cheap and might not want to come back here after having had his contract effectively ripped up during the administration process. I would say on balance it’s unlikely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 5:10 pm
Former Chemic
(@former-chemic)
Honorable Member

If he was able to play for us part time I’d have him back in a flash. Always puts in 100 percent and he’s a much better goal kicker than anyone we’ve got.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 6:11 pm
 Dan1
(@dan1)
Honorable Member

I don't think he does always put in 100%, very talented player but that was part of the reason he went from the NRL and NZ international to Widnes. Also I would say Tyrer is just as good a goal kicker. Very good player on his day, but with Tyrer, Spedding and Flemming already signed I would spend the money elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 7:49 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

I’d be surprised if there are many kickers who have had a better percentage than Tyrer in 2021. Not sure why he’s not kicking at the moment (injury?) but Owens is a very capable replacement as he showed on Sunday.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 8:39 pm
(@royston-vasey)
Honorable Member

I don’t think he does always put in 100%, very talented player but that was part of the reason he went from the NRL and NZ international to Widnes. Also I would say Tyrer is just as good a goal kicker. Very good player on his day, but with Tyrer, Spedding and Flemming already signed I would spend the money elsewhere.

Agree with this - very good player on his day but we are covered in the position and our money would be better spent elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 9:06 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Class in his day and within 10 metres of the line a dangerous player, much like PAV.

We now have backs who are dangerous from our own half, not Offiah maybe but faster than Inu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2021 9:16 pm
(@jdgsport)
Prominent Member Admin

No thanks. He's barely in shape when full-time training, so can't imagine what he'd be like in a part-time environment!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 7:47 am
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

Wonder if he might call in on the new Toronto team on his way home?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 3:37 pm
 CJ91
(@cj91)
Noble Member

Feel we are generally moving away from the SL 'name' type players so wouldn't be on our radar.

Thought he was one of the better of a bad bunch when he was here last though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 5:47 pm
 MT
(@mt)
Noble Member

He was outstanding until he broke his leg and understandably didn't hit the same form on his return.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 5:49 pm
(@mckviking)
Prominent Member

With him having a French wife he may be tempted by Toulouse

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 9:45 pm
(@wirralviking)
Estimable Member

Loved him when he was here, but (relatively expensive!) former top class threequarters are not really a priority, for 2022. We have a reasonable backline, certainly good enough to profit from the quality props we all know are vital to recruit. We seem to have brought in a good 9 who can also play 7. We seem to be keeping our best players, with Cross probably the only loss we'd all have been happy to keep (Most would have also been happy for Clough to have another year too, I think!). So props, props and more props please. I assume we should get a few of the undisclosed signings revealed after Sunday, (or will it drag on until contracts expiree in November). Surely anyone we have signed from a team not in the playoffs can be announced, OK I know there is an argument that we shouldn't be looking at those, but there are I am sure a few nuggets here and there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 10:12 pm
(@sandgroper)
Noble Member

The Championship atm is as near as you can get to pre-SL I suppose.

Certainly Simon and the club seem to have managed to promote a good atmosphere that the lads want to be involved in and that is vital in a PT club particularly. It's not a full time job and you have to enjoy it or you move to somewhere else.

The VIQI report was a boost for the club and must give the Board confidence to press on. Just what SL may or may not be in the next two or three years is in the lap of the Gods. Maybe we won't want to be part of it when we see it!

The whole country and labour market is in a state of flux which could have an effect on our game, particularly the PT element.

I would just like some confirmation that our need for props has been sorted!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2021 8:16 am
Share: