Notifications
Clear all

Heywood Road

(@ceejay1)
Reputable Member

I see that the capacity of the Heywood ground is 3373,    Will we set a new record attendance for Swinton, I: hope so.

Come on the Vikings

Topic starter Posted : 18/09/2021 1:16 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

I see that the capacity of the Heywood ground is 3373, Will we set a new record attendance for Swinton, I: hope so. Come on the Vikings

From a financial, and selfish point of view, I hope you're right mate, but I'm not holding my breath,

There's plenty of parking spaces in the side streets around the ground, so please turn up in your numbers!

See you tomorrow.

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2021 1:28 pm
Steve
(@steve)
Honorable Member

Well perhaps not a record attendance, but it was certainly cosy in there! Felt almost like being at home when there were no pies left by half-time! 😜

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2021 10:04 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

Spelly,  do you know what the attendance was yesterday? Looked as though there were 1,500-2000 there, but not sure how many were in the box/bar behind the posts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 3:02 pm
Martin
(@martin)
Prominent Member

Spelly, do you know what the attendance was yesterday? Looked as though there were 1,500-2000 there, but not sure how many were in the box/bar behind the posts.

According to the LE it was 1358.
about 500 from Widnes, so I’ve been told

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 4:32 pm
PaulieWalnuts
(@pauliewalnuts)
Honorable Member

Enjoyable day out on what has been a crunchie Show of a season (with the odd exceptions).

Always a friendly place to watch a game of RL, sadly we won't be going next season (unless Big Ralph and his henchmen move the goalposts, again).

Hurry on back, Swinton, and good look with the bar tips, Spelly!

#AlwaysTipYourBartender

Paulie xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 5:52 pm
(@farnworth-viking)
Noble Member

There looked to be more Widnes fans there than Swinton ones. There were 3 sections of the stand that were nearly full of Widnes fans, and a few in the terracing on the other side.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 5:55 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

Enjoyable day out on what has been a crunchie Show of a season (with the odd exceptions). Always a friendly place to watch a game of RL, sadly we won’t be going next season (unless Big Ralph and his henchmen move the goalposts, again). Hurry on back, Swinton, and good look with the bar tips, Spelly! #AlwaysTipYourBartender Paulie xx

Thanks mate, and glad you enjoyed your day!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 6:35 pm
(@spelly)
Noble Member

There looked to be more Widnes fans there than Swinton ones. There were 3 sections of the stand that were nearly full of Widnes fans, and a few in the terracing on the other side.

At a guess, I'd say 60/40 in your favour mate, and the finance you brought us, is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Spelly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 6:40 pm
(@tonyvikinggee)
Estimable Member

Seemed more Widnes Fans than Swinton, I was stood on the terracing and the main stand was mostly Vikings. With a good number of us in the sheds on the terracing.

Nice Stadium to visit and the Swinton Fans seemed a decent bunch to boot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 7:19 pm
 Mr H
(@mr-h)
Estimable Member

Its a shame that we wont be visiting Spelly and crew next term!

Really enjoyed our great traditional rugby day out on Sunday!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2021 10:19 am
(@glynn)
Honorable Member
ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2021 12:53 pm
Share: